Cancellation of classes in the event of a special warning or a storm warning associated with a typhoon
Cancellation of classes in the event of a “special warning” or “storm warning accompanying a typhoon
Special Warnings (excluding storm surge and waves ) for either Matsuyama City or Toon City. In the event of a storm warning (excluding high tides and waves) for either Matsuyama city or Toon city, Ehime University (excluding its affiliated schools) will be closed. The following is a list of the classes that will be cancelled. Intensive courses will also be cancelled during the holidays according to the following decision.
“Special Warnings (excluding storm surge and surf) (excluding storm surge and waves) or a “storm warning associated with a typhoon” is in effect at the following time.
|lecture cancellation policy|
|7:00 a.m. to the start of morning classes||Morning classes cancelled|
|From 11:00 a.m. until the start of afternoon classes||Afternoon classes cancelled|
|4:00 p.m. to the start of evening classes||Canceled evening classes|
|After class starts||Classes after the next period are cancelled.
However, if a special warning is announced, classes will be cancelled immediately.
The faculty member in charge will decide how to make up the cancelled or canceled classes, and will notify the students via the message on the Online Registration System or the electronic display board. If you have any questions, please contact the respective faculty member in charge or the “Service Desk” below.
Other warnings, etc.
In the case of storm and snow warnings other than during a typhoon, TMU will decide on a case-by-case basis on the alert level corresponding to the evacuation information issued by the municipality, and on the operation of transportation systems. In the event of a class cancellation, the university will announce the cancellation on the Ehime University website (Important Notices on the top page) or through the school support system (Notices). If you have any difficulty or questions about attending classes, please contact the “Support Desk” below.
|Common Education Team, Administrative Division, Education Center||089-927-8910|
Professional and Graduate Education
|Faculty of Law and Letters Desk, Educational Support Division||089-927-9220|
|Faculty of Education Desk, Educational Support Division||089-927-9377|
|Faculty of Collaborative Regional Innovation Desk, Educational Support Division||089-927-9019|
|Faculty of Science Desk, Educational Support Division||089-927-9546|
|Academic Affairs Division, School of Medicine||089-960-5175|
|Faculty of Engineering Desk, Educational Support Division||089-927-9690|
|Faculty of Agriculture Administration Division, Faculty of Agriculture||089-946-9806|
|Undergraduate/Graduate School Management Team (Regional Resilience Interdisciplinary Research)||089-927-9177|
Special Warnings (excluding storm surge and surf) Confirmation of “Storm Warning for Typhoons
Please check the weather forecast, etc.
HP: Weather forecasts can also be checked at the Japan Weather Association (off-campus site).
Phone: Dial 177, or dial 089+177 from outside Matsuyama City.
If it could not be confirmed by the mass media
Please check the Ehime University website (Important Notices on the top page) or the Shugaku Support System (Notices), or call the “Support Desk” above.
November 10, 2004
Decisions by the Council on Education and Research
Handling of classes when special weather warnings or advisories are issued
Special warnings (excluding storm surge and waves) for either Matsuyama City or Toon City (hereinafter referred to as “special warnings, etc.”) or storm warnings associated with typhoons (hereinafter referred to as “special warnings, etc.”) in either Matsuyama City or Toon City. Ehime University (excluding its affiliated schools) (2) In the event that a special warning (excluding storm surge and wave) or a storm warning accompanying a typhoon (hereinafter referred to as “special warning, etc.”) is announced, classes (including intensive lectures during a holiday period. The same shall apply hereinafter.) The following is the handling of classes at Ehime University (excluding attached schools) when a storm warning (hereinafter referred to as “special warning, etc.”) is announced.
- For classes held during the daytime, if a special warning, etc. is announced at 7:00 a.m. on the day, or if a special warning, etc. is announced between 7:00 a.m. and the start of morning classes, morning classes will be cancelled. If a special warning is announced at 11:00 a.m. or between 11:00 a.m. and the start of afternoon classes, afternoon classes will be cancelled.
- For classes held in the evening, if a special warning, etc. is announced at 4:00 p.m., or if a special warning, etc. is announced between 4:00 p.m. and the start of evening classes, all classes will be cancelled.
- In the event that a special warning is announced after classes have started, classes will be cancelled from the next period onward during the relevant class period (morning, afternoon or evening). However, in the event of a special warning (except for storm surge and waves), classes will be cancelled from the next period onward. (2) In the event that a special warning (excluding storm surge and wave) is announced, classes shall be cancelled immediately.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding three paragraphs, if there are special circumstances in a faculty, etc., the dean of each faculty (or the director of the Center for Common Education in the case of common education) in the case of faculties, and the dean of each graduate school in the case of graduate schools, shall determine the measures to be taken after consultation with the Director of the Organization for Education and Student Support.
- The faculty members in charge of classes canceled or cancelled as a result of the measures set forth in the preceding paragraphs shall determine the method of implementation, etc.
- The contact point for students shall be as follows
(1) Common Education General Education Center for Teacher Education Administration Office
(2) Specialized education and graduate school education
- In addition to the provisions of these rules, the President shall decide necessary matters concerning class arrangements in the event of a special warning or advisory concerning weather, etc.
This handling shall come into effect on December 1, 2004.
This handling shall come into effect on November 9, 2011.
This handling shall go into effect on January 14, 2015.