About this site
About this site
- This site is the official website of Ehime University (https://www.ehime-u.ac.jp).
- If you have any comments or suggestions regarding this website, please contact the Public Relations Office.
- Ehime University is not responsible for the content of external sites linked to from the official website.
- The copyrights to the documents, images, etc. on this site belong to Ehime University and the authors of the respective works. Please contact the Public Relations Office for secondary use. Please note that we reserve the right to refuse any use that is deemed inappropriate.
- Unauthorized copying or reproduction of the information, photographs, or other content of this site is an infringement of copyright and intellectual property rights.
- You are free to link to the Ehime University Official Website as long as it is not for commercial purposes. However, links from sites that contain content that may be detrimental to Ehime University are strictly prohibited.
- Please note that the contents and URL of each page are subject to change or deletion without notice.
1. basic matters
- Scope of Application This policy applies to websites operated by the University.
- Governing Law Users of the Website agree to be bound by the laws of Japan with respect to the use of the Website, regardless of the country or region from which they access it.
a. Access to the website is of the user’s own free will, and the user is responsible for the use of the website.
a. . The University does not guarantee that the content will display properly in the user’s browsing environment of the website.
c. The University shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from the use of information obtained from the website.
2. collection of personal information
- The University collects user information to the extent necessary for the smooth operation of services such as various applications, opinions, and requests for information materials.
- Personal information in this policy refers to information provided by users of the website in the course of providing services on the website, such as address, name, telephone number, e-mail address, etc., that can be used to identify a specific individual.
- The scope of personal information collected shall not exceed the extent necessary to provide services on the website, and shall be collected in a lawful and fair manner. Personal information will not be collected unless explicitly provided by users themselves.
3. use of personal information
- Depending on the service provided, the University may notify the relevant department of the University of the personal information provided and use that information to contact the user.
- TUAT will use the provided personal information for education, research, and other operations to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. However, the information will not be used for purposes other than those approved at the time of provision.
- When required by law, or when a national agency, local government, or person or entity entrusted by one conducts business as required by law, the said entity may use the personal information.
4. management of personal information
- TUAT will take appropriate security measures to prevent leakage, loss, falsification, etc. of personal information, and will endeavor to implement security measures.
- When the University provides personal information to third parties to the extent necessary for the operation of the website and provision of services, such as outsourcing, the University will prevent leaks from third parties by contractually requiring appropriate handling and security measures.
- The University may disclose personal information to a public organization other than the University in cases of illegal access, threats, or other unlawful acts, or when the University deems it necessary to disclose information urgently for the purpose of ensuring life or physical safety and it is difficult to promptly obtain the consent of the individual.
- If a user requests disclosure, correction, or cessation of use by the user himself/herself, we will respond to the request as quickly as possible within reasonable limits. However, this will not apply if we determine that doing so would infringe on the rights of a third party or significantly interfere with the performance of our business.
5. collection and use of user information
- The website provides information such as the IP address used by the user, the time of use, the URL of the page used, and the type of browser used for use (hereinafter referred to as “user information”). The website automatically collects the following information
- User information is used as a reference for the smooth operation of the services provided by the website.
- Cookies (information sent from the server to the user’s browser and stored on the user’s computer to identify the user on the server side) are used only for the purpose of improving usability and do not contain any personal information. The cookie function can also be disabled through the user’s browser settings.
6. use of Google Analytics service
- The University assumes no responsibility for any damages resulting from the use of Google Analytics.
- Notification of Revisions In an effort to further protect the personal information of users, the University reserves the right to revise this policy without prior notice in accordance with enactment or changes in laws and regulations. The University will notify all revisions to this policy on its website.
- Related Regulations
a. The University has established the following policies and regulations regarding the protection of personal information.
b. The University discloses information in accordance with the following regulations.
- contact information (for inquiries) (e.g. corporate phone number)
Please send any comments or suggestions regarding the website or this policy to the Public Relations Office.